By purchasing an entry for the 2021 Les Mills City2Surf you have agreed to the below terms and conditions of this event as outlined below:
- Right of entry reserved.
- You must wear your official entry sticker on the front of your shirt. Please complete the details on the front of the sticker, and list any existing medical conditions or allergy that may affect you in the Les Mills City2Surf. Your entry sticker allows you to enter either the 14km or Sport Canterbury 6km event.
- The City2Surf route is on footpaths, roads, fields and paths with uneven surfaces, trip hazards. Risks are increased because of the large number of participants, their different skill level and unfamiliarity with the course.
- Despite best efforts, participants in the City2Surf are still at risk of injury, and participate entirely at their own risk .
- Entrants accept full responsibility for their safety and property during the City2Surf.
- Please report any safety concerns to the closest marshal or official.
- In the case of a safety or medical emergency, notify the closest marshal or dial 111.
- We advise you not to wear headphones
- You must follow instructions from marshals.
- No dogs, bicycles, roller-blades or scooters are permitted on the course.
- 14km Runners, Joggers and walkers are to assemble in Centennial Park adjacent to the sign that says Assemble here. Joggers join the tail end of runners, followed by walkers. Please stay off the road until you are requested to line up. The Sport Canterbury 6km will start at 10am at Hansen Park. Runners will be called to start first, followed by joggers then walkers. You must listen to the safety briefing and follow the directions of the marshals and officials.
- Participants in the City2Surf create delays to motorists along the route. A requirement of our traffic management plan is that once the main bunch of participants have passed, groups. Runners and walkers will be stopped at major road crossings (eg. Barrington Street, Colombo Street, Waltham Road, Ensors Road) to allow traffic queues to clear.
- Stay on the course at all times, and keep to the left of roads, inside barriers and road cones. There will be marshals along the route.
- You may be stopped by marshals to allow traffic through.
- Although sections of the course are subject to an official road closure during the City2Surf, vehicles (including Police, St John and other emergency vehicles) will be permitted on the course. Please take care and watch for the presence of vehicles along the route, from both behind and in front, at all times.
- Write contact details on the clothing tag portion of your bib and attach this to your clothing. City2Surf is not supplying single use bags. The clothing is then placed in a clothing box. Remember the box number. No Clothes tag = no transport. Clothing can be collected from the finish area.
- Clothing will be manned from 7.45am and available for collection until 12.30pm. Unclaimed clothing will be left at Star Media office. You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 379 7100 to claim any clothing. Clothing will not be available at the finish line until 10.15 for the 14km and 11.15 for the 6km
- Star Media accepts no responsibility for any lost possessions or clothing.
- Children 10 years old and under on 21 March 2021 can enter the race free of charge. They do not require an entry sticker or entry confirmation, however the participating parent or guardian accepts full responsibility for the health and safety of the children in their care, at a ratio of 1 adult per 4 children max.
- We recommend the participating child has the parent or guardians contact details written on their arm in case of separation or an emergency.
- Team managers who submit entry forms on behalf of their team members undertake to make sure each team member participating in the event is aware of these terms and conditions.
- Do not participate if you are sick, have vomited, had diarrhoea or an abnormal temperature within the past 48 hours. In the event of illness, accident or injury the participant consents to receive necessary medical treatment and to have personal and medical information shared with medical professionals and event organisers.
- There will be media coverage and publication of this event across Star Media platforms. By participating in this event the participant consents to the use of photo, audio, video content without consent or payment.
- To claim a prize the winner must be wearing their 2021 City2Surf entry sticker and be present at the prize-giving.
SPONSORS: I accept that some of my contact information will be sent to sponsors for marketing purposes.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS & TRANSFERABLE ENTRIES
- No refunds will be issued after 01/03/2021. refunds are at the discretion of Star Media.
- No refunds on merchandise, charity donations, bus tickets or marquee packages.
- Entry stickers are transferable, however the transferred entry sticker must have that persons contact details and any medical conditions on the entry sticker.
- If the 2021 City2Surf has to be cancelled due to force majeure there will be no refund of entry fee.
REFRESHMENTS AND AMENITIES Water and toilets will be available along the course as well at the finish line.
ON THE DAY ENERGY Do not come along to the City2Surf feeling hungry. A suggested breakfast is fruit, eggs, high-fibre toast, and water or milk. TRANSPORT There will be buses running on the day. Pre-book your ticket at city2surf.co.nz.