By purchasing an entry for the 2018 the Star Media City2Surf you have agreed to the below terms and conditions of this event as outlined below:
- Right of entry reserved.
- You must wear your official registration sticker on the front of your shirt. Please complete the details on the front of the sticker, and list any existing medical conditions or allergy that may affect you in Star City2Surf. Your registration sticker allows you to enter either the 14km or Sport Canterbury 6km event. No bib – no run.
- The City2Surf route is on footpaths, roads, fields and paths with uneven surfaces. Risks are increased because of the large number of participants, their different skill level and unfamiliarity with the course.
- Despite best efforts, participants in Star Media City2Surf are still at risk of injury, and participate entirely at their own risk .
- Entrants accept full responsibility for their safety and property during Star Media City2Surf.
- Please report any safety concerns to the closest marshal or official.
- In the case of a safety or medical emergency, notify the closest marshal or dial 111.
- We advise that you do not wear headphones as you need to be able to listen to direction and safety instructions.
- You must follow instructions from marshals.
- No dogs, bicycles or roller-blades are permitted on the course.
- 14km Runners, joggers and walkers are to assemble in Centennial Park (not on the road) adjacent to the sign that says ‘Assemble here’ for their group. Joggers join the tail end of runners, followed by walkers. Please stay off the road until you are requested to line up. The Sport Canterbury 6km will start at 10am at Hansens Park. Runners will be called to start first, followed by joggers then walkers. You must listen to the safety briefing and follow the directions of the marshals.
- Participants in The Star City2Surf create delays to motorists along the route. A requirement of our traffic management plan is that once the main bunch of participants have passed, groups of runners, joggers and walkers will be stopped at major road crossings (eg. Barrington Street, Colombo Street) to allow traffic queues to clear.
- Stay on the course at all times, and keep to the left of roads, barriers and road cones. There will be marshals along the route.
- You may be stopped by Marshals to allow traffic through.
- Although sections of the course are subject to an official road closure during Star Media City2Surf, vehicles (including Police, St John and other emergency vehicles) will be permitted on the course. Please take care and watch for the presence of vehicles along the route, from both behind and in front, at all times.
- Place clothing items in the plastic bag provided at the start and attach your smaller official number to it with your details already written on. Remember the box number you place you bag in. No bib, no tag, no transport. Baggage can be collected from the finish area. Please do not place valuables in the bag.
- Baggage will be manned from 7.45am and available for collection until 12.30pm. Unclaimed clothing will be left at Star Media. You will need to contact info@city2surf or call 03 379 7100 to claim any clothing.
- Star Media accepts no responsibility for any lost possessions or clothing.
- Children 10 years old and under on 18 March 2018 can enter the race free of charge. They do not require a registration sticker or entry confirmation, however the participating parent or guardian accepts full responsibility for the health and safety of the children in their care at a ratio of 1 adult per 4 children
- We recommend the participating child has the parent or guardians contact details written on their arm, in case of separation or an emergency.
- Team managers who submit entry forms on behalf of their team members undertake to make sure each team member participating in the event is aware of these terms and conditions.
- Do not participate if you are sick, have vomited, had diarrhoea or an abnormal temperature within the past 48 hours. In the event of a medical emergency on event day please notify the closest marshal or call 111. In the event of illness, accident or injury the participant consents to receiving necessary medical treatment and to have personal and medical information shared with medical professionals and event organisers.
Media Coverage and personal information
- There will be media coverage and publication of this event across Star Media platforms. By participating in this event the participant consents to the use of photo, audio, video content without consent or payment. Star Media collects personal information to manage participation in the event. By Participating in the Star Media City2Surf the participant has consented to having their personal information included in our database, unless indicated otherwise which may be used for future promotional purposes or shared with a third party.
- To claim a prize the winner must be wearing their 2018 Star Media City2surf registration sticker.
Refunds, Cancellations & transferable entries.
- No refunds will be issued after 10/03/2018. Refunds are at the discretion of Star Media.
- No refunds on merchandise, charity donations, bus tickets or Marquee packages.
- Registration stickers are transferable, however the transferred entry sticker must have that persons contact details and any medical conditions on the registration sticker.
- If the 2018 Star Media City2Surf has to be cancelled due to force majeure there will be no refund of entry free.
Refreshments and amenities
– Water and toilets will be available along the course as well at the finish line.
– There will be buses running on the day. Pre book your ticket(s) at city2surf.co.nz